What Drives You to Write?

by Jami Gold on May 22, 2014

Gears with text: What Drives You to Write?

Writing can be a difficult career. Writers can be lonely, plagued by self-doubt, faced with rejections that feel personal and judgmental, and expected to be good at everything (creative and a sales/marketing person!). Not to mention that we also struggle with balancing procrastination and never taking a day off.

And those difficulties are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head. *smile*

Yet we do it anyway. We must have our reasons…beyond sheer insanity, I mean.

Every once in a while, it’s good to step back and consciously recognize why we go through all of those struggles. That’s why when my friend Kerry Gans asked if I would join the My Writing Process Blog Tour, I said yes.

The My Writing Process Blog Tour is a blog hop with new locations each week for writers to talk about their writing process. Read all of the way to the end of today’s post to see how you can participate.

The “My Writing Process” Blog Tour

Kerry Gans headshotI was nominated for this blog tour by Kerry Gans, so let me take a minute for introductions. Make sure to check out her answers to the My Writing Process Blog Tour here.

Kerry Gans writes middle grade and young adult fiction. Her debut novel OZCILLATION is coming out in 2015, and she has had two short stories published. She can be found ruminating on the writing life on her personal blog The Goose’s Quill, and her group blog The Author Chronicles. The bulk of Kerry’s time is spent pursuing her most important Work-In-Progress, her preschool daughter.

Now on to my answers to the My Writing Process Blog Tour questions…

What Am I Working on?

*laughs with an edge of exhausted insanity*

It might be easier to say what I’m not working on. As I mentioned last week, I’m recovering from a severe injury to my ankle that has me in a wheelchair and focused on several-times-a-day physical therapy. So circumstances have slowed me down by necessity and various self-imposed deadlines have slipped.

Writing-wise, I’m mostly working on editing, editing, and more editing. I have a short story and three novels I need to get into shape. At the same time, I’m trying to learn All. The. Things. for a new project. So yeah, going in a bazillion directions at once would be an accurate description.

Let’s just say that I’m glad my day job should be calming down for the next month or two. Maybe I’ll even be able to dig out from the avalanche of email. *eyes 4000+ messages in my inbox* Or not.

How Does My Work Differ from Others of Its Genre?

Believe it or not, I struggle with this question, and maybe many writers do. I write paranormal romance, and that genre typically balances romance and paranormal worldbuilding with a strong external plot (battling a villain, saving the world, etc).

So what do I think makes my stories different? In a word, my characters.

I let my characters be strong and vulnerable in unique ways. Unlike most paranormal romances, where the couple is often made up of a non-human, uber-alpha-male hero (also known as alpha-holes for their a**hole-like arrogance) and a human heroine who’s trying to measure up, I break stereotypes.

I have a shapeshifting dragon heroine who’s stronger than the human hero—but she’s also a pacifist who’s taken a vow of non-violence. My heroes aren’t alpha-holes and even have a few beta traits—but one is also a murderer (yeah, imagine the struggle to make that character likable).

I let my characters be broken and messy because that’s how real people are, and I strive for honest emotions in their relationship. They screw up and they call each other on it. They don’t tiptoe around difficult issues. I’m proud of them by the end of each story.

Why Do I Write What I Do?

It’s a cliché, but I write the kinds of stories I want to read. I get frustrated during the editing process like any writer, but when I’m done, I love my story more than ever. I want to write stories that would sit on my “favorites” shelf.

I write romance because I believe that love is the most powerful, most transformative, most redemptive force in the universe. We’re all broken and messy, but we all can become better and deserve happiness, and the need for love and connection often drives that change.

I write paranormal because the fantasy aspects of the world allow me to explore topics and plots I couldn’t in straight contemporary. Throughout history, stories from Aesop’s fables to Animal Farm have used non-real elements to connect with readers, and I see paranormal along the same lines. Plus, as a reader, I find myself more sucked in by stories with deep worldbuilding.

But mostly I write these stories because I love the characters. Like I mentioned above, I’m proud of them by the end of their story, and I’m hoping I’ll get to share my stories with readers soon.

How Does My Writing Process Work?

I’m a pantser, which means I write by the seat of my pants and often have no idea where my story is going. Luckily, my subconscious/muse knows what he’s doing, and I credit him for all good ideas. (Yes, my muse is male.) My characters regularly surprise me by doing something I wouldn’t have consciously thought of in a million years.

So…process? Um, I take dictation from my muse. *smile*

Hmm, you want more explanation? All right, every story is different, but I usually start with the characters. In my current series, each story idea has started with two characters who logically should never be together (in fact, they probably should be enemies), and I tag along as they discover love anyway.

My knowledge of story structure means I do end up with a story at the end of my pantsing, and while I’m a slow writer, I write clean drafts. That might sound great, but that decent first draft also means that I have a hard time seeing how the story could be better. Thank goodness for beta readers!

Now for the Handoff…

Most tour stops have nominated specific people who should participate the next week. I want to do things a little differently and let you nominate yourself because that goes along with my attitude that everyone deserves a chance. *smile*

If you’d like to participate in the My Writing Process Blog Tour, here’s an open call just for you. To participate, write a blog post next week and…:

1. Acknowledge the person and the site who invited you into the tour (that’d be me and you’d link back to this post).
  2. Label your post as part of the My Writing Process Blog Tour.
  3. Answer these same four questions about your writing process in the post.
  4. Nominate and link to up to three people to participate who would then post their answers the week after yours.

And as this is an open call, there’s a special, additional step:

• Let me know in the comments if you’re going to participate so I can add your link to this post.

Next, look for My Writing Process Blog Tour posts from those brave souls who answered my open call:

Do you sometimes question whether the struggles of writing are worth it? Does it help if you step back and answer questions like these that remind you of why you write? What drives you to write? Have you already participated in this tour (feel free to link to your post in your comment)? Or do you want to participate next week?

Carradee May 22, 2014 at 9:14 am

I don’t ever question if writing’s worth it, because I figured out years ago that writing is good for me (as long as it isn’t keeping a diary, which interfered with my dissociation/suppression of memory and thereby led to blowups that, well, don’t help matters, with my family).

I write because I have to. I publish because I can. I also want, someday, to be making enough passive income to pay the bills. (I ideally want to be out of debt in the next 3 years, but…that’ll require either a lot more writing output or something to start selling moderately well. Depending on what, exactly, takes off, “moderately well” could be anything from 17 to 267 sales per day, total.)

Jami Gold May 22, 2014 at 9:59 am

Yes, I can’t imagine not writing, but I still find revisiting my “mission statement”-type reasons affirming. 🙂 Thanks for the comment!

Jennifer Brinkmeyer May 22, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Sounds like fun! I’ll post next week. Events like these force me to reflect and articulate about myself as a professional, something that can go out the window when I’m logging hours writing by myself. Thanks for the open invitation.

Jami Gold May 22, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, that’s exactly how I look at exercises like this too. 🙂 Every once in a while, it’s good to look up from our words and see (and articulate) the bigger picture.

Yay! for joining in. I’ve updated the post with your blog link. Hopefully my tag for you is close to accurate. 😉 Thanks for the comment!

Serena Yung May 22, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Interesting series of questions!

What Drives Me to Write?

Simply because the process of writing a story is the most enjoyable and rewarding experience in the world, at least to me. Apart from that, I also write because I can subconsciously express my wishes, hopes, concerns, etc. (They appear as the story’s themes, for example.) But apart from my passion for writing, my biggest drive is that I love my protagonists (and some secondary characters) SO much, that I really care about them and really want to know what happens to them. And so this need to know what happens next to these people I care so much about, is one of the main reasons I keep writing.

What Am I Working On?

A novel that’s now 414 pages long but still NOWHERE near the ending, sigh, lol. It’s a Chinese novel (or probably series, by the looks of how long it will end up), as I’ve told you already, and I’m happy to say that this almost daily writing is REALLY improving my Chinese, yay! I also can’t wait to translate it back to English once I’m done writing, editing, and publishing it though. I’m so curious about how my characters will sound like in English! And as for genre, it’s romance, action, some adventure, some fantasy, some mystery, a bit of horror, and quite a lot of comedy at the same time, lol. But if Amazon forces me to choose only two genres, I’d say romance and action. If I can only have one, then maybe romance. This is a really exciting story for me, partly because I’ve finally started taking romance seriously (not just for fun) and that this is the very first time I’m writing a novel length (or even series length) romance! Romance is awesome! 😀

How Does My Work Differ From Others of its Genre?

Oh gosh. *glances at my long list of genres* I guess I can try tackling it one by one.
Action: specifically, this is the Chinese martial arts genre. My novel is different from the typical marital arts story in that the fighting is not actually that frequent in my story, which might be a bad thing, haha. There is also not as much world building (not much detail on the different martial arts clans and organizations) as the typical martial arts story—this is also actually something I want to change, because I really love the worldbuilding stuff from this genre. One thing that IS typical in this story, is that the hero is the strongest fighter out of all the main and secondary characters within his age bracket. I…don’t know why THIS conforms to the tradition, but though I’d rather the heroine be stronger than him, lol, I guess I don’t really mind that much. At least it makes the hero even more cool, lol.

Romance: my novel reverses many gender roles in romance. I mentioned many of these before, but I can mention them again:
–the girl falls in love first
–the girl is the one who keeps actively seeking opportunities to spend time with the hero. Usually it’s the hero who tries hard to find excuses to spend time with the heroine.
–the girl is the one who initiates their first hug, their first hand holding, and even their first kiss! You know the boy usually initiates all of these things, especially the kiss, haha.

Apart from gender role reversals, there are other atypical elements, like:
–there will be no love triangles, thank goodness
–instead of saying simply that everybody is very pretty, I make their beauty as uncertain as possible. For three of the main characters, there is at least one person who does NOT think that the character is beautiful. E.g. for the hero, the heroine thinks he’s the handsomest boy she has ever seen, of course; another girl thinks he’s handsome, but another girl thinks he’s nothing special. I really enjoy destabilizing these beauty things that romances tend to take for granted. Romances seem to always be like: if one character or several or many characters think X is beautiful, then X must be beautiful. They don’t stop to think that X might actually look hideous to some other people, lol, and so beauty is subjective. So I enjoy writing these “beauty questionings”, lol.
—–this has not happened yet, but for the proposal, either the heroine will be the one to propose, or the hero will propose in a very polite and unforceful way. In Chinese, it’s almost always the guy who proposes, and the guy would say something like (very approximate translation), “Do you want to belong to me?” Or even “Belong to me, all right?” O.O I know it’s just language, but that doesn’t sound nice to a feminist like me, so if the hero happens to be the one to propose, he’d say something like, “Would you like to marry me?” Or something equally polite and respectful, lol.

Adventure: um…there is actually a lot less adventure than the typical adventure story! Most of the time they are staying still in one safe place enjoying their friendship, falling in love, having fun together, and simply just chilling out. XD. So it’s more relaxed, even complacent, and lighthearted compared to the typical adventure story.

Fantasy: there isn’t that much fantasy here either, but I don’t think there’s any real deviation. But I guess I don’t care that much about this though because fantasy is not my main focus.

Horror: I tentatively call it sort of horror because the main evil is really, really horrific. The horror is not about monsters or dark magic or anything. It’s not even about murder, lol. It’s not the psychological thriller type of horror either!

Mystery: It’s not a detective story, but there are many questions raised in the story that characters gradually find out about. So it’s not strictly mystery, I guess, because it’s not about detectives; it’s about discovering what the big story behind all these weird things is.

Comedy! Um, I’m not sure, actually. Well it’s not the side-splitting type of comedy, because it’s only funny SOMETIMES, and other times it’s just lighthearted or cute or amusing. Also, though there are many comedy scenes in the book, there are also some very dark parts in the novel (see horror). Even the beginning of the novel is really dark and horrific. So the reader might start off believing that my genre is horror and not at all expect that it can go into all-out lighthearted comedy sometimes (very often) too.

I guess one atypical thing about my story is that there is both horror (dark) and comedy in the story, lol; whereas usually stories have either one or the other, or at least predominantly one and only a tiny bit of the other. But for me, it’s sort of half half…the horror parts and the comedic parts are equally important, haha, so it’s neither the horror novel with some light moments, nor the funny/ comedic novel with some dark sides. For the latter two types of novels, there is a dominant and a subordinate genre; for my novel, there is no “dominant and subordinate”; horror and comedy really are equally important to my story! lol. So you really don’t know whether to call it a dark or a lighthearted tale, lol. Imagine if Amazon asked me to select two genres for my story, and I chose horror and comedy. XD. That sounds very contradictory to me, lol. And this isn’t the type of horror that’s funny at the same time. The horror is really…O.O It’s just absolutely not funny at all. O_O

Why Do I Write What I Do?

Why did I write such a motley array of genres? Must be because they are all such fun, lol. And I don’t believe in confining my stories to any one genre (unless the story wants to), so it spread everywhere, lol. But anyway my love of writing in these genres are all due to emotional reasons rather than rational ones. Why do I write romance? Because it’s fun and exciting and intoxicating, lol. Action? Because martial arts fighting is cool to imagine and I just love it! Adventure? I don’t know, I’ve never had any long story with no adventure in it, so there must be something about adventure that makes me fancy and cling to it so much. XD. Mystery? I love seeing weird and mysterious things everywhere and eventually having all my questions answered and seeing all the loose ends tied. :D. Horror? I’m scared of reading horror, but I think it’s very fun to WRITE horror; it’s very thrilling! Comedy? Because I just love happy and light scenes, haha, and these scenes are awesome for exploring character friendships and romances. 😀

How Does My Writing Process Work?

I’m a pantser too, so the plot events and characters just come by themselves as I write. My characters act and speak by themselves and I just write down what they say and do without any attempt to make things up and distort the truth. Occasionally I will reach a hiatus where I have to stop to brainstorm future events, but this isn’t “planning” either. Rather, this is pantsing at a longer distance in the future. I write down what comes to me as well and I don’t try to create anything. They just come. Not sure how clear that was, but basically I’m a discoverer and explorer, not a creator. 😀

Jami Gold May 22, 2014 at 4:36 pm

LOL! Awesome! Thanks for sharing your answers here (especially as I know you don’t have a blog). The more, the merrier! 😀

I understand how wanting to see our characters get their happy ending can drive us to write. Like I said in the post, love of my characters is a big reason for me too.

You know I’m all for you delving more into romance. Hee. Come to the romance side, my friend. 😉 And oh, your mention about atypical beauty works for my stories too.

One of my heroines is beautiful in an inhuman way, but part of her magic produces a false image for her (like a magic “glamour”). The hero sees through it, but he’s the only one. So there’s subtext there that although she’s beautiful, that’s not why he’s with her because everyone else sees her as plain and isn’t impressed. And one of my heroes is definitely not the typical cover model look–he has dreadlocks.

I like stories that mix dark and humor too, and I tend to do that in my stories as well. I wouldn’t call mine horror in any way, but the dark can get pretty dark.

And yeah, it’s really hard to explain our pantsing “process.” LOL! Thanks so much for sharing!

Serena Yung May 22, 2014 at 8:42 pm

“You know I’m all for you delving more into romance. Hee. Come to the romance side, my friend. ;)”

XD ROMANCE FOREVER!

YAY I love your idea of how the hero is the only one who can see it. 😀 That makes it even more romantic. Haha dreadlocks. XD And this also means that your hero is not the type who wants a “trophy partner”, a person whom the SOCIETY sees as superior, meaning that he doesn’t desire that kind of social status raise from having a socially admired significant other! I have a very good impression of your hero already. 🙂

Oh about the dark and the light, I was chatting with a friend on Facebook, and I clarified it more for myself. My story has three main types of plots, the horror/ adventure plot, the friendship plots (development of friendships between the main characters), and the romance plots (of the three main couples.) The horror/ adventure plot is of the horror genre, and the friendship and romance plots are of the comedy genre. All three types of plots are equally important to the novel, so the comedy and horror are equally important to my story, lol. But it does get more complicated when you see that the friendships and romances develop even during the dark adventure/ horror parts, haha.

Jami Gold May 22, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Exactly! about how he’s not looking for a “trophy partner.” 🙂

Ooo, yes, dark times can often bring people together, so I can see that working in your story. Good luck with it! 🙂 Thanks for the comment!

Serena Yung May 23, 2014 at 8:30 am

😀 Just want to add an unrelated comment: I find that your scene elements post is also very helpful for me to see “hidden potentials” in my scene that I can develop to make it stronger. For instance, I can see a tiny bit of a conflict going on, but I can expand on this conflict, maybe even show the emotional effects of the conflict on the characters, etc. so that this conflict becomes more obvious and magnified. Similarly, character backstory, motivation, and goals could be made clearer. Of course we shouldn’t get too carried away with these “magnifications”, but it looks like a good way to see specific things we can work on to make a scene more effective and interesting.

Jami Gold May 23, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Yay! That’s awesome. Yes, we can always take the strong parts of our story and make them even stronger. 🙂 Thanks for letting me know!

Serena Yung May 23, 2014 at 8:39 pm

You’re welcome! And I just realized another HUGE reason why I keep writing. It’s because I think my main couple is very romantic. Their romance FEELS SO GOOD that I want to keep seeing what happens to them, how their relationship deepens and how sweet it will continue to be, etc.

So this is similar to the wanting to know what happens next to my characters point, except this is about romance. There is something so INTOXICATING about a romance you personally find very romantic that you just want to keep fantasizing about it and enjoying it (the novel). Lol. This intoxication and desire to keep enjoying this ongoing romance experience, REALLY motivates one to keep writing no matter what! You are hungry for every last shipping scene/ moment you can find! LOL

Jami Gold May 26, 2014 at 10:37 am

LOL! I understand. Yes, I want to see how my couples will find their Happily Ever After as well. 🙂 Thanks for the comment!

Taurean Watkins May 22, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I’m in Jami!

My process is always evolving but my mantra for 2014 is “Never Too Late” and part of that means being willing to dive into new things. I had kind of a burgeoning career crisis this month, and my birthday and Mother’s day back to back didn’t help my uneasiness, but I’ve come too far to quit, and hard as it is sometimes, I don’t want to quit.

This is the only thing I’ve stuck with this long since my previous ambitions to be a chef. I still love cooking and food, but I can’t be what a modern chef is now, I don’t want to walk away from publishing the same way.

Jami Gold May 22, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Hi Taurean,

Yay! I had a feeling you might join in. 🙂 When you get your post up next week, let me know the permalink and I’ll update your listing in the post here.

That’s awesome that you’ve pulled through a difficult month. Here’s hoping for smoother sailing for you in the future. 🙂 Thanks for the comment!

Taurean Watkins May 27, 2014 at 4:13 am

Here’s my post-

Hope it’s easy to read.

Jami Gold May 27, 2014 at 10:30 am

Hi Taurean,

Great! I’ve updated this post with the direct link. 🙂 Thanks for participating!

Devika Fernando May 22, 2014 at 9:37 pm

That was good to read! I admire you for how many novels and stories AND other stuff you handle at one time! I have more than enough on my hand with my normal writing job, one novel and the editing of another novel… still, ideas fight in my head for attention.
Your heroine sounds awesome. I love strong female characters and I can’t stand alphas that are only muscle and ego, although I do write about men who SEEM to be in control.
You have dragons in your story! *high five* One features in my upcoming novel “Playing with Fire”, although it’s only “sort of” a dragon.
I think, in a way, we all write what we want to read… at least we shouldn’t only write what we think others want to read, because the story IS us to a degree.
I was tagged by a friend some weeks ago to participate in the “My Writing Process” blog tour. These things are fun, and I love reading about other writers.

Jami Gold May 22, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Hi Devika,

LOL! at the men who seem to be in control. Yep, I know how that is. 🙂

And I think you’re right–if we weren’t writing what we wanted to read, that would be bad sign. Maybe the author would be looking for shortcuts to money trends, but they wouldn’t be true to themselves.

Oh cool! I just checked out your blog tour post. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the comment! 🙂

Devika Fernando May 23, 2014 at 2:26 am

And thanks for sharing in return! 🙂

Caoimhe McCabe May 24, 2014 at 7:09 am

Hey Jami,

this is a smashing idea and I’d love to try my hand at it, so please count me in.
I really enjoy your blog by the way, great advice and also a dose of perspective when I need it.

All the best,
Caoimhe.

Jami Gold May 26, 2014 at 10:41 am

Hi Caoimhe,

Awesome! I’m updating the post with your link. And thanks for the kind words and the comment! 🙂

DasteRoad May 24, 2014 at 9:36 am

Hi Jami! Nice to meet you. I found your blog via the WANA community on twitter, and I have to say, it’s been a pretty cool find! 😀

I’d like to participate in the Writing Process blog tour as well, if there’s still a free spot for me! I’ll give you the link when I have the post ready, likely tomorrow.

Your comment about alpha a**holes cracked me up, LOL. You’re so right! Also, don’t get me started on those guys who face some tragic loss only so they can angst around and be melodramatic all the time… manpain mode ON! I have no idea why the romance genre is so full of dudes that really need to get over themselves – but we definitely need more interesting, well rounded male leads, that’s for sure!

I see you’re a pantser! I tried that approach with my latest WIP, but I’m not sure how well that worked for me since I’m a natural planner. I was left with a finished first draft with quite a few worldbuilding holes and some questionable logic leaps! It was exciting though and made for some fun surprises along the way. I probably need to refine the method and find what works better for me!

As to what motivates me to write, well, I had to think about this frequently lately as I’m only recently resurfacing from a pretty long dry spell. I’m still looking for the core of the answer, but one reason I’ve always known is that I love the work of imagination and sense of wonder that comes with the fantastic. I love creating worlds and imagining what could be lying beyond the horizon, what hides in the dark corners, what lurks in the back of your mind. I first started writing fantasy when I was 13 and I had just read the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings – and it all made me think: man, I want to do that too! Another reason is that it’s sometimes hard for me to find exactly what I want to read, especially when it comes to female leads, so why not creating it myself? I love writing about women and trying to show there are so many shades of femininity between the “tough girl who needs no man” and the “damsel in distress” stereotyped extremes. Erthel, the heroine of my current WIP, is an introverted, reflective type, and while there is a romantic subplot, the main plotline is about her and her growth, what family means to her, and her journey to find self worth.

Thanks for sharing your process! Your blog is quite thought-provoking. I also read your post about instances where fanfic crosses a line, and I have to say, I admire how you handled the discussion in the comments! It might have easily turned into a flame war, but you handled it beautifully and didn’t fall into easy traps. Also, your post pretty much nailed on many things I always thought about fanfic. I mean, fanfic is tremendous fun and a great exercise for an aspiring writer, and I’ve read some fanfic which even surpassed the original in depth and quality, a true, skillful homage to a beloved work! But fanfic also gives you a ready made sandbox to play in and a receptive, indulgent audience you don’t have to work for – and since these are not yours, you can’t make money off them, period.

Jami Gold May 26, 2014 at 11:04 am

Hi DasteRoad,

Wonderful! I updated the post to add you. Let me know when you post goes up, and I’ll link to the exact post. 🙂 (And let me know if my description for you doesn’t work!)

LOL! at your take on the heroes of too many stories. Yeah, I’m not big into angst. That’s why so many YA and NA don’t work for me. So much is pointless angst to me.

Would you believe that I’m an uber-planner in the rest of my life? (Seriously, you should see how I prep for a trip. *shakes head*) But for writing I have to be a pantser because otherwise, that “uber” aspect takes over and doesn’t want me to go with the story flow. I pants so the story flow can take precedence.

That said, sometimes I lightly plan more than other times. 😉 The holes that make me nervous are different for each story.

Ooo, love that answer about imagination and sense of wonder. I very much relate. And your heroine sounds awesome. 😀 Thanks for the comment and the kind words about my blog!

Gloria Oliver May 25, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Oh noes! I’ve been like swamped with the day job and other craziness. Sorry top hear about the ankle! Hope it’s doing better. At least blog tours don’t require travel!

Kathryn McKade May 29, 2014 at 11:16 am

Hi Jami! I may be a little late to the game, but I have a post up here: http://kathrynmckade.blogspot.com/2014/05/what-drives-you-to-write-blog-tour.html

Thanks so much for this! It’s something we don’t consciously think about too often.

Jami Gold May 29, 2014 at 11:37 am

Hi Kathryn,

You got it in this week, so you’re all good. I updated the post with your link too. 🙂 Thanks for participating!

Kathryn McKade May 30, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Thanks for including me in your post! 🙂 *waves hi from northern Arizona*

Jami Gold May 30, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Hi Kathryn,

You’re welcome! Glad you could participate. 🙂

AK Harrison June 1, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Hope I’m not late to the party! 😀

Here’s mine. I decided to tag along on the blog tour: http://ankhprophecy.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/the-my-writing-process-blog-tour-aka-what-drives-me-to-write/

Thanks for the invite, Jami. 🙂

Jami Gold June 1, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Hi AK,

You squeaked in under the wire, as WordPress counts the week as Monday to Sunday. LOL! Thanks for participating and I updated the post. 🙂