I’m a teacher at heart and a Google research ninja, so I love sharing with others the various things I’ve learned. Here, I’ve included links to help more writers find success:
- my free writing worksheets and tools
- highlighted topics of my writing advice blog posts
- my writing workshops
- my editing services
- other helpful resources for writers that I’ve found elsewhere around the internet
If you have any questions about writing, marketing, publishing, social media, etc., you can search my blog to see if I’ve already posted about the topic (see the “GOT A QUESTION?” search box in the sidebar). If I haven’t addressed your question, go to my Contact page and ask away. Put “Ask Jami” in the Subject, and I’ll do my best to answer the question on my blog if I haven’t addressed it before. This is one small way I try to pay back the writing community for their support.
Jami’s Free Resources
At the link above, you’ll find over twenty worksheets and tools to help writers with many aspects of their writing and career:
- Plot-Oriented Beat Sheets: Excel spreadsheets based on Blake Snyder’s Save the Cat Beat Sheet, Larry Brooks’ Story Engineering structure, and a master spreadsheet combining the above two story planning approaches — or for those new to beat sheets or who write by the seat of their pants, check out Jami’s Basic Beat Sheet
- Character-Oriented Beat Sheet: Excel spreadsheet based on Michael Hauge’s “Using Inner Conflict to Create Powerful Love Stories” workshop, merging a character’s internal journey with a standard three-act plot structure
- Romance-Oriented Beat Sheet: Jami’s Excel spreadsheet for developing the beats of a romance arc over a standard three-act story structure
- Story and Scene-Strengthening Worksheets: MS Word documents and spreadsheets with checklists and revision tools to ensure our stories are well-developed and our scenes have the right elements
- Scrivener Templates: Templates based on my Master Beat Sheet, Basic Beat Sheet, and Romance Beat Sheet for drafting a story in Scrivener in line with story beats
- Career Improvement Tools: Worksheets to help with beta reading, developing a business plan, and deciding on priorities
- Resources Offered by Jami’s Guests: Worksheets for varied issues, from writing craft to developing productivity and goals/vision/priority balance
Jami’s Writing Articles
I’ve written over 1000 posts on my blog, most geared toward writers and the craft, business, and life of writing. Sign up for my newsletter to receive new blog posts every Tuesday and Thursday. The links below highlight some of the most useful and helpful posts so far on these broad topics (or use the search box in the sidebar to find information about a specific topic).
- Learn about Writing: Tip-heavy posts about writing skills and concepts
- Planning Your Story: Story planning tips and advice
- Writing Your Story: Drafting tips and advice
- Editing Your Story: Editing tips and advice
- Selling Your Story: Queries, synopses, and packaging tips and advice
- Self-Publishing Your Story: Self-publishing insights and tips
- Beta Reading & Critiquing: Beta reading/critiquing tips and advice
- Career Planning for Writers: Branding and goal planning
- Social Media & Authors: Blogging, social media, and online reputations
- The Publishing Business: Agents, publishers, and publishing paths
- Writing Life: Encouragement for the ups and downs of writing
Jami’s Paid Resources
I present workshops in person, through recorded OnDemand webinars, and in real-time, online classrooms. Visit the link above to see all my workshops (and several money-saving bundles!).
Current topics include:
- Lost Your Pants? The Impatient Writer’s Guide to Plotting a Story:
If you write by the seat of your pants or want to write faster, this class teaches a minimalist approach to story development without plotting everything in advance and includes several exclusive tools and worksheets.
- Between the Sheets: Create a Deeper Romance with the Romance Beat Sheet:
Learn detailed insights into the story structure of romance stories (and using my Romance Beat Sheet), including how to intertwine our plot and character arcs to create stronger stories with deeper romance arcs.
- Beat Sheet Basics: Know Your Story’s Structure:
Don’t know what beat sheets are or how to use them? Don’t want to plan your story in advance? Never fear—learn the terminology, uses, and ways to adapt beat sheets to our writing methods.
- Author Platform: Building Your Author Website
Additional Resources about Writing
Check out other resources for writers that Jami has found across the internet.
Stay Updated with Jami’s Book Releases and Blog Posts!
Want to hear when Jami’s books come out and get pre-order sale prices? Select “New Releases and Freebies” in the form below.
Use this same form and select “New Blog Posts” to receive copies of Jami’s writing-focused blog posts in your email too.