Do you write by the seat of your pants?
Do you want to write faster?
This workshop teaches a minimalist approach to story development to accommodate “pantsers” (those who write by the seat of their pants) while still establishing the big picture for the plot and character arc. By the end of this class, students will have enough direction to make “Fast Drafting” techniques work for them.
The class identifies the basic “need to know” plot points and character development steps that even a pantser can use. Attendees will receive several tools (worksheets and beat sheets) developed especially for pantsers.
Due to the depth of information, this workshop is best for non-beginner writers. (If you’d like to take this class despite your newbie status, “Beat Sheet Basics: Know Your Story’s Structure” can get you up to speed.)
If you’re writing romance, check out “Between the Sheets: Create a Deeper Romance with the Romance Beat Sheet” too!
This course consists of:
- Two Recorded Webinar Sessions (from 2018)
- Each webinar session runs about two hours and is viewable on your schedule, right from your internet browser (best viewed in Firefox or Chrome). Watch the presentation as many times as you want. The presentation is fully bookmarked so you can jump to the section of the presentation you need when you have questions.
- The 28-page handout has been updated for this OnDemand version of the class and includes additional details and links for concepts.
- Worksheet Tools and Examples
- The planning tools include planning worksheets and beat sheets developed for this class.
- Dedicated Webpage
- In addition to all the links to the recordings, handouts, and resources, the dedicated webpage provides lifetime access to future offerings of this class.
Jami Gold is a die-hard pantser and proud of it. Her background includes project management, internet structure, teaching, and public speaking, and she’s also a popular blogger (named one of the 101 Best Websites for Writers by Writer’s Digest) and social media ninja.
Comments from Some of Her Previous “Lost Your Pants?” Students:
“Jami Gold is not only the master of structure and plotting spreadsheets, she’s also the master at taking all those books on craft and rolling them into a single, easy, cohesive plan.” — Melinda Collins
“Writers! This is the BEST online workshop I’ve taken thus far. She provides guidance (and materials) on how to fast-draft a story with a basic outline (and more!). Using this method, I was able to fast draft THREE 100k manuscripts in 2-months a piece (over only 8 months). RECOMMENDED!!” — Jennifer Rose
“For those of you who follow her blog but haven’t taken one of her courses, I highly recommend them – she is an AMAZING teacher!” — Harley Christensen
No Coupon Code? Share for an Extra Discount!
Save Money with One of These Bundles!
Write romance and want to dig deep into arcs? Grab this discounted bundle! (Value $135)
Write romance? Grab this discounted bundle for beginners to advanced! (Value $170)
Want to dig into arcs but you're new to beat sheets? Grab this discounted bundle! (Value $115)