My one-year blogiversary is coming up on July 12th. The occasion has me doing something I don’t normally do: math. Eek!
This is my 101st blog post, and during that time, this blog has passed 100 Google Friend Connect followers, 250 RSS subscribers, and 1500 comments (not including mine). I know those numbers look small to some, but they’re huge to me.
And all of that is thanks to you. I’ve never run a contest asking for people to follow or subscribe, so those numbers are made up of people following because they wanted to. Wow. That’s a humbling thought.
To thank you, I’m celebrating by holding a contest. That’s pretty normal, right?
But there’s a reason I call myself insane. There’s a reason I write paranormal. There’s a reason I own a button asking, Why be normal?
I don’t want to do normal.
So for this contest celebrating all these milestones, the prize…is me.
Well, not “me” literally, but my time and/or money. You get to pick what that means. (Disclaimer: Subject to reasonability, privacy concerns, and legality. I haven’t landed in jail yet, and I don’t intend to start now. *smile*)
I want this contest to be for all my readers, whether they’re a writer or not, whether they’re published or not, whether they’re a newbie or not. If you win, you decide how I can be most helpful to you.
- $25 Amazon gift certificate
- Critique of your first chapter up to 5K words (Note: I write honest and detail-oriented critiques, and I’m a member of the grammar police. You’ve been warned.)
- Critique of your synopsis and/or query letter
- Beta read up to 25,000 words (includes feedback on overall premise, characterization, and pacing, but not in-depth editing or grammar)
- General feedback by email brainstorming (story ideas: digging out from plot hole, blog/branding ideas: coming up with tagline, etc.)
- I’ll write a guest post for your blog
- You’ll get to write a guest post for this blog
- Three books from my general blog contest collection
- Pick my brain about anything (grammar questions, copies of the writing advice documents I’ve collected, a list of the writing advice bookmarks I’ve saved, copies of my blog customizations, etc.)
- Sneak peek at my completed story, The Resurrected (The perfect gift for any agent. *snicker*)
- Or anything else you can think of…within reason. *smile*
To enter, leave a comment. It’s just that easy. Maybe tell me what you’d like to win, or make up a funny choice to amuse us all. Introduce yourself if you’ve never commented before. Or tell me how stupid you think this contest idea is. Whatever. It will all count.
In addition, I’ll pick an additional winner for every 25 commenters (not including my comments). So if 1-25 different people comment on this post, I’ll pick one winner. If 26-50 different people comment, I’ll pick two winners. And so forth.
This contest will close at midnight EDT on Sunday, July 10th, 2011. The winner(s) will be chosen randomly and announced on my official blogiversary post on Tuesday, July 12th. Good luck!
Do you want to win something? If so, tell me about it!