Editorial Services by Jami Gold
I’m pathologically helpful, but unfortunately, I can’t beta read for everyone who asks. After encouragement, I now offer editorial services so I can help every author, even those who don’t have me on their beta reader speed dial.
Even if your story isn’t working, I might be able to help. I specialize in diagnosing and prescribing fixes for broken stories, thanks to my unique skills in spotting patterns, identifying the pieces that aren’t working, and seeing how the story structure hangs together.
I offer services at a variety of levels to assist with budgeting:
High-level story structure analysis to assist with “broken” stories or to fix major story issues before paying for a Developmental Edit. Click to learn more.
- Synopsis Critique and Analysis: Editorial feedback and in-document comments, useful for broken or non-broken stories.
- Story Outline Analysis: Editorial feedback on plot, character, and other elements present in story outline.
- One-on-One Feedback Session: Analysis of multiple documents and includes phone conversation to discuss feedback of all elements.
Big-picture editing of full manuscript. Click to learn more.
- Summarized Developmental Edit: Editorial feedback letter for non-broken stories.
- Full Developmental Edit: Editorial feedback letter and manuscript comments for non-broken stories.
- Book Doctor Developmental Edit: Editorial feedback letter, manuscript comments, and solution-brainstorming phone call for broken stories.
“Jami Gold’s advice was invaluable and helped strengthen my novel, The Dragon’s Egg (Book Three). She was delightful to interact with, met deadlines, and put serious thought behind her suggestions. It was a pleasure working with her, and I’d hire her again in a heart beat.”
— Heidi Bolton
(Full Developmental Edit client)
“Jami is well versed in the technical aspects of writing and a natural teacher. … I would recommend Jami’s editing services in a heartbeat.”
— Christina Chambers
(contest prize recipient of a sample Full Developmental Edit)
“You are honest and insightful and thorough. … Your work is fabulous…”
— Buffy Armstrong
(recipient of a beta read similar to a Full Developmental Edit)
“I was so fortunate to have benefited from your expertise and your laser vision. … The advice you give is clear and spot on.”
— Renée A. Schuls-Jacobson
(recipient of a beta read similar to a Book Doctor Developmental Edit)
Yes! Let’s Talk!
To inquire further, please complete the form below. Include any other questions or concerns in the Message box.
If you already know you want to put down a deposit and reserve a time slot, please mention that in the message. In the case of Developmental Edits, if you already know your commitment level, please specify whether you'd like to start with just the first few chapters (which would have a higher initial charge) or if you want to proceed with the full manuscript.
Thank you for your interest!
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form