I’m a teacher at heart and a Google research ninja, so I love sharing with others the various things I’ve learned. Here, I’ve included links to writing worksheets, some of my writing advice blog posts, and other helpful blogs for writers.
If you have any questions about writing, marketing, publishing, social media, etc., go to my Contact page and ask away. Put “Ask Jami” in the Subject, and I’ll do my best to answer the question on my blog if I haven’t addressed it before. This is one small way I try to pay back the writing community for their support.
My Writing Articles
- My posts tagged as “Advice for Writers”
- (More organized links coming soon.)
- Excel spreadsheets based on Blake Snyder’s Save the Cat Beat Sheet, Larry Brooks’ Story Engineering structure, and a master spreadsheet combining the above two story planning approaches.
- Excel spreadsheet based on Michael Hauge’s “Using Inner Conflict to Create Powerful Love Stories” workshop, merging a character’s internal journey with a standard three act plot structure.
- MS Word document and spreadsheet with checklist of how to ensure our scenes have the right elements
Favorite Writing Blogs and Resources
- The Other Side of the Story by author Janice Hardy (excellent writing craft advice)
- The Bookshelf Muse by authors Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi (home of writing thesauruses for brainstorming unique emotion, settings, weather, and sensory information)
- Writer’s Knowledge Base by author/link-collector Elizabeth Spann Craig (the search engine for writers)
- storyfix.com by author Larry Brooks (great breakdown of story structure; author of Story Engineering)
- warriorwriters by author/social media expert Kristen Lamb (fantastic advice about writing and publishing industry; home of #MyWANA)
- edittorrent by editors Theresa Stevens and Alicia Rasley (writing advice and publishing news from editors)