Develop a Free Author Website in 60 Minutes (or Less!)
Need a website (or blog) but don’t know where to start?
Overwhelmed by having to learn yet another new thing?
Never fear—all you need is one hour to learn everything about creating a free website using WordPress and other free Internet resources. We’ll cover the following steps:
- Deciding on website goals,
- Organizing information for a set of pages: about me, books, contact, etc.,
- Creating a Word Press account,
- Choosing a Word Press theme and style,
- Creating static Word Press pages, and
- Creating and populating a blog page.
This class is for beginners, and is intended for students with no knowledge of WordPress (or of creating websites and blogs at all!). At the end of this class, students will have an overview of WordPress, know how to set up a basic website, and even know how to add a blog.
If you’d rather pay for a self-hosted website or blog, sign up instead for “A Newbie’s Guide to Building a Self-Hosted Blog or Website.” If you’re undecided, read this post for tips on how to decide which path to take if you’re undecided. Register for either “Develop a Free Author Website in 60 Minutes (or Less!)” or “A Newbie’s Guide to Building a Self-Hosted Blog or Website,” but don’t sign up for both.
This OnDemand workshop includes a recorded webinar, a thorough handout, and a dedicated webpage:
- The recorded webinar runs about an hour and is viewable on your schedule, right from your internet browser (best viewed in Firefox or Chrome). Watch the presentation as many times as you want. (Note: Unlike Jami’s other OnDemand classes, this presentation does not include internal bookmarks for easily jumping between concepts during the recording. The sale price reflects this limitation.)
- The handout includes more details on websites, blogs, and WordPress.
- The dedicated webpage shares even more WordPress tips.
(Note: WordPress constantly updates their software, so the screenshots in the webinar are out-of-date. However, the functionality remains similar.)
Jami Gold runs a popular blog on the WordPress platform and has taught herself coding to customize many settings. Her background includes project management, internet structure, teaching, and public speaking, and she’s also a social media ninja skilled in translating gobbledygook into English (i.e., writing technical documents for the non-technical).
100% of survey respondents agree: They’d take another of Jami’s classes and would recommend her workshops to their friends. Click here to read comments from Jami’s previous students.